The IAPO, formed in 2010, is a professional association that provides support and training for Irish osteopaths who have an interest in Paediatric Osteopathy.
The IAPO has the following objectives:
- To support osteopaths who have an interest in Paediatrics
- To train osteopaths in Paediatric Osteopathy (postgraduate Diploma in Paediatric Osteopathy
- To provide postgraduate Support Days and extra training for Osteopaths in Paediatrics
- To provide a list of osteopaths interested in Paediatrics for the general public and refer people to their nearest osteopath
- To raise public awareness in Paediatric Osteopathy
- To provide a public, low-cost clinic (Daisy Clinic Trust) to care for children with special needs, or specially referred, and as a basis to train Osteopaths in Paediatrics
Membership is exclusively open to qualified osteopaths who can join, without cost, in two ways:
- Associate membership for those osteopaths who have an interest in Paediatric Osteopathy
- Full membership for those osteopaths who have completed the postgraduate Diploma in Paediatric Osteopathy with us (or the equivalent from the FPO in the UK) or the MSc. (from the UK, Germany or Australia)
For more information on the DPO or other postgraduate days or to join the Association please see our website (coming soon) or contact us.